Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Greetings!

Hello everybody!


Hi My name is Michael Ledesma and I’ve just recently been accepted into the S-Stem program. I’m excited about the opportunity but have yet to be assigned a research assignment. So I had my interview with S-Stem. I believe the word was bioremediation of fuel. I have to say, this caught me by surprise. I had no idea what it was, so I started fishing around, and what I found was interesting. So bioremediation is technology used to clean up contaminates. From skimming through sights I found that microbes, generally bacteria are used to transform contaminants into non-harmful substances. The microorganisms consume the toxins and break them down into substances such as water and CO2. This is a natural process that removes the contaminants from ground water, soil and other surfaces naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment